|Effective||January 1, 1982|
|County seat||Les Escoumins|
|• Prefect||Pierre Laurencelle|
|• Total||12,430.90 km2 (4,799.60 sq mi)|
|• Land||11,612.68 km2 (4,483.68 sq mi)|
|• Density||0.6/km2 (2/sq mi)|
| • Change|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||418 and 581|
La Haute-Côte-Nord is a regional county municipality in northeastern Quebec, Canada, in the Côte-Nord region. It is located on the Gulf of Saint Lawrence where the Saguenay River flows into it. The seat is Les Escoumins. The municipality has a land area of 11,612.68 square kilometres (4,483.68 sq mi) and its population was 10,846 inhabitants as of the 2016 census. Its largest community is the city of Forestville.
Except for Sacré-Coeur, which is located along the Saguenay River, all places and municipalities of the RCM are along Quebec Route 138 directly on the shores of the Saint Lawrence River. The unorganized territory of Lac-au-Brochet makes up some 83% of the interior part of the RCM.
There are 9 subdivisions and one native reserve within the RCM:
Highways and numbered routes that run through the municipality, including external routes that start or finish at the county border:
- "Reference number 141095 in Banque de noms de lieux du Québec". toponymie.gouv.qc.ca (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec.
- "Geographic code 950 in the official Répertoire des municipalités". www.mamh.gouv.qc.ca (in French). Ministère des Affaires municipales et de l'Habitation.
- "Census Profile, 2016 Census: La Haute-Côte-Nord, Municipalité régionale de comté [Census division], Quebec". Statistics Canada. Retrieved November 29, 2019.
- "La Haute-Côte-Nord Regional County Municipality (Code 2495) Census Profile". 2011 census. Government of Canada - Statistics Canada.
- Official Transport Quebec Road Map
- La Haute-Côte-Nord Regional County Municipality Statistics Canada